Introduction of the production line
PC solid board extrusion line is mainly composed of extruder, mould, three-roll machine, tractor, cutting machine, conveyor, electrical control system, etc. This equipment is used in the production of PC solid board products.
PC solid board extrusion line uses a high-speed energy-saving stable screw, the output is more than 25% higher than similar products; specific temperature control device, reduce heat shrinkage, easy operation; traction roller can be specially customized to increase extension; UV layer can be added on both sides according to different requirements; unique design mould, wall thickness can be customized.
In addition, the specially designed screw and metering pump make the output more stable. Even if many recycled raw materials are added, sound output and high product quality can be guaranteed. The effective width of the plate can reach 2500mm, and the thickness is 1mm-15mm.
GWELL as PC solid board extrusion line manufacturer， Through continuous technology research and development, GWELL breaks through traditional process technology so that the output of our production line can reach 550kg/h, significantly improving production efficiency and reducing production costs. Customers have well received the quality of the products produced.
The use of PC solid board Extrusion Line products
PC solid board extrusion line is a widely used engineering thermoplastic characterized by excellent mechanical, optical, and thermal properties. Typical properties of concrete polycarbonate panels include lightweight, impact strength, high transparency, flame retardancy, chemical stability, weather resistance, and heat/sound insulation.
- Light transmittance: The light transmittance of the P C board can reach up to 89%, which is compatible with glass. The UV coated board will not produce yellowing, atomization, poor light transmission when exposed to the sun. After ten years, the diluted transmission loss is only 6%, the PVC loss rate is as high as 15% — 20%, and glass fiber 12%-20%.
- Impact resistance: The impact strength is 250-300 times that of ordinary glass, 30 times that of an acrylic plate of the same thickness, 2-20 times that of tempered glass, and falls two meters below 3kg hammer without cracks, and has the nickname of “unbroken glass”.
- UV protection: The PC board is coated with anti-ultraviolet (UV) coating and anti-condensation treatment on the other, which integrates anti-UV, heat insulation, and anti-drip function. It can block the penetration of ultraviolet rays and is suitable for protecting valuable works of art and exhibits from UV damage.
- Lightweight: The specific weight is only half that of glass, saving the cost of transportation, handling, installation and supporting the frame.
- Flame retardant: The national standard GB50222-95 confirms that the PC board is flame retardant grade 1, B1 level. The self-ignition point of the PC board is 580 degrees Celsius. It self-extinguishes after leaving the fire. It will not produce toxic gases when burned and will not contribute to the spread of the fire.
- Bendability: Cold bending method can be used on the construction site according to the design drawings and installed into arches, semicircular roofs and windows. The minimum bending radius is 175 times the thickness of the plate and can also be hot bent.
- Sound insulation: The sound insulation effect of the PC board is apparent, and it has better sound insulation than glass and acrylic board of the same thickness. Under the same thickness condition, the PC board’s sound insulation is 3—4DB higher than that of glass. It is the preferred material for noise barriers on expressways internationally.
- Energy-saving: keep cool in summer, keep warm in winter, PC board has lower thermal conductivity (K value) than ordinary glass and other plastics, heat insulation effect is 7%-25% higher than the same glass, PC board insulation is up to 49%. It is used in buildings with heating equipment and is an environmentally friendly material.
- Temperature adaptability: PC board does not occur cold and brittle at -100℃, does not soften at 135℃, and its mechanics, mechanical properties, etc., are not significantly changed in harsh environments.
PC solid board Extrusion Line product application
- Industrial building industrial workshop, warehouse, roof lighting.
- Modern agricultural greenhouse, modern agricultural facility farm, green ecological restaurant, greenhouse.
- Municipal construction lighting corridors, carports, canopies, soundproof screens, waiting areas, information kiosks, roads, railway stations, and overpasses.
- Sports field, outdoor swimming pool, stadium lighting
- Commercial application architectural decoration, stage design, exhibition layout, road sign, product display, advertising lightbox.
- Occupy the interior and exterior decoration, private house lighting, interior ceiling, interior partition, shower room, interior doors and windows, sunroom, canopy, and chimney.
- Aviation transparent containers, front windshields for motorcycles, airplanes, trains, ships, automobiles, motorboats, submarines, and glass military police shields;
Installation method of PC solid board Extrusion Line
1. Waveform selection
If the PC/FRP wave plate is used as the lighting tape, the PC/FRP wave plate is similar to the colour steel plate specifications and models.
If the PC/FRP wave plate is used as the sunroof, the PC/FRP wave plate is the same as the colour steel plate specifications and models.
- Lap ordinary colour board on the side
The PC/FRP wave plate is recommended to be placed on the colour steel tile, and the PC/FRP wave plate is pressurized. Stainless steel, aluminum alloy, or colour steel plate can be used for lamination. The width of the strip is about 30mm, the longitudinal ribs are better, the thickness is ≥0.5mm, and the support port is better at the lap.
- sandwich composite wave board
If it is lapped with a sandwich composite wave board, support is added at the screw fixing point to fix the PC/FRP lighting board better.
- sandwich flat
If the PC/FRP wave board is lapped with the sandwich plate, dig out the foam at the sandwich plate lap, and set the backside of the PC/FRP trapezoidal wave as the front.
- Longitudinal lap
- The diameter of the fixed nail head should be more than 1.5 times larger than the diameter of the screw handle, and waterproof glue should be added. Do not press the nail head directly to the plate surface to reduce pressure.
- The upper screw should not be too tight. Otherwise, it may cause stress and cause local cracks on the board surface.
- Waterproof glue should not use PVC rubber pad or asphalt waterproofing tape; sealant and neutral glass glue must be selected, and acid glue should not be used.
- During installation, the two ends should not be fixed first, and then the middle should be set. One end should be fixed first and constructed in the same direction. Otherwise it will cause the middle stress to concentrate and cause the product to deform or crack.
- Because the linear expansion coefficient of the PC/FRP board is about six times larger than the metal material, it must be drilled into the board before it is fixed with self-tapping screws. The self-tapping screw must be punched in the middle of the hole diameter; otherwise, thermal expansion and contraction when displacement and insufficient reservation cause cracks or plate shrinkage deformation around the PC/FRP board around the self-tapping screw.
- Calculation of reserved expansion space; expansion value = linear expansion coefficient × length × maximum temperature change value linear expansion coefficient of PC/FRP board = 7×10mm/mm/℃ For example, if the temperature difference between day and night is 30℃, the reserved expansion space of PC/FRP board should be at least 2.1mm or more. For example, with φ5mm self-tapping screws, the PC wave plate drilling diameter is >2.1mm+5mm = 7.1mm.
- If a layer of PC/FRP plate or colour tile is added under the wave board, metal strips must be added to the fixing place of the lower PC/FRP board. Otherwise, the PC/FRP board will sag due to the self-weight of the PC/FRP board, causing the PC/FRP plate around the screws to crack.
Precautions for PC solid board
- Contact with undried cement surface, acid, and alkaline substance surface are prohibited.
- Contact with organic solvents such as benzene, gasoline, carbon tetrachloride, Tina water, turpentine, etc, or glue or paint containing such ingredients is prohibited.