1. What material is PVC made of?
PVC is a polymeric substance of vinyl, and its material is amorphous. PVC materials often add stabilizers, lubricants, auxiliary processing agents, colourants, impact resistants and other additives in practical use. It has non-flammability, high strength, resistance to climate change, and excellent geometric stability. PVC is highly resistant to oxidants, reducing agents, and strong acids. However, it can be eroded by concentrated oxidizing acids such as concentrated sulfuric acid and concentrated nitric acid and is not suitable for contact with aromatic hydrocarbons and chlorinated hydrocarbons. Also, the term person vs computer is abbreviated as PVC in the game.
Soft PVC is generally used for floors, ceilings and leather surfaces. Still, because soft PVC contains softeners (which is also the difference between soft PVC and rigid PVC), it is easy to become brittle and not easy to store, so its scope of use is limited.
Rigid PVC does not contain softeners. It has good flexibility, easy moulding, is not accessible to brittle, is non-toxic and pollution-free, and has a long storage time, so it has significant development and application value. The essence of PVC is a vacuum blister film used for surface packaging of various panels, so it is also known as a decorative film and adhesive film. It is used in building materials, packaging, medicine and many other industries. The building materials industry accounts for the largest share, at 60%, followed by the packaging industry and several other sectors with small applications.
2. Application of PVC
Compared with Kimura and steel, PVC has the advantages of high elasticity, high cold resistance, wear resistance, good finish, etc., so the proportion of PVC applications in the world is rough as follows: construction plastics account for 65%, packaging 8%, electrical and electronic 7%, furniture and decoration 5%, general consumption 4%, other 11%.
Due to its high chemical stability, it can be used to make anticorrosive pipes, fittings, oil pipelines, centrifugal pumps and blowers, etc. PVC rigid board is widely used in the chemical industry to produce various tank lining, building corrugated board, door and window structure, wall decoration and other building materials. Due to its excellent electrical insulation can be used in the electrical and electronic industries to manufacture plugs, sockets, switches, and cables. In everyday life, PVC is used to make sandals, raincoats, toys, leatherette, etc.!
3. Brief introduction of PVC sheet by Gwell PVC soft sheet extrusion line
- According to colour, it can be divided into natural colour films, slightly blue light films, and various coloured films;
- According to transparency, it is divided into transparent, translucent, and opaque;
- According to the surface treatment, it can be divided into optical film, matte sheet (thickness), single and double film, flat white (black);
- According to the grade, it can be divided into new materials and ordinary new materials;
- According to the function, it can be divided into antistatic film and anti-ultraviolet film;
Product features: widely used, flame retardant self-extinguishing, high quality and low price. It is commonly used in various tools, fishing gear, toys, electronics, medical packaging, clothing and other industries such as blister, carton, packaging, printing, card making and other fields. PVC material has the characteristics of good processability, low manufacturing cost, corrosion resistance, insulation, etc.
4. PVC printing sheet
(1) The product has good transparency, good surface gloss, bright colour, few crystal points and bubbles, and has the characteristics of strong impact resistance, chemical resistance and easy processing and moulding.
(2) This product has good vacuum formability, good fit, strong folding toughness, non-whitening, printing flatness, zigzag resistance, etc.
(3) Using the unique formula and advanced technology to produce the particular impact-resistant rigid film with a cold resistance of -20℃, suitable for packaging heavy products exported to Europe and America.
(4) Special requirements such as cold resistance, flame retardant, UV protection, antistatic, etc., can be given to products at the customer’s request.
5. Types of PVC
The combustion characteristics of PVC are flame retardant, extinguishing from fire, yellow flame, white smoke, softening plastic and irritating smell of chlorine when burned; rigid PVC fluoresces light blue or purple-white under ultraviolet light, and soft PVC fluoresces blue or blue-white.
PVC is divided into soft and semi-soft PVC materials. Such PVC can be mainly divided into PVC film, PVC coating, PVC transparent sheet, PVC spinneret roll and some opaque PVC sheets.
- PVC film is mainly used for inflatable, water injection (liquid) products and packaging bags, such as inflatable toys, water beds, medical bags, packaging bags, card sleeves, soft film ceiling, swimming rings, etc.
- PVC coating materials are generally used in PVC tents, membrane structures, pull mesh, landscape film, roller shutter doors, soft water bags, soft oil tanks, tarps, hot water bottles, etc.
- PVC transparent sheet is mainly used for product packaging. Everyday blister products such as PVC folding boxes and blister shells (vacuum covers) are standard.
- PVC spinneret rolls are commonly used in doormats, carpets, waterproof mats, car mats, elevator mats, etc.
- Some opaque sheets have a variety of uses. The more common ones are reflective body stickers, electric vehicle footpads, PVC leather, etc., and even later for industrial belts and running belts.
- PVC plastic rigid board and sheet: PVC is added with stabilizer, lubricant and filler. After mixing, the extruder can extrude wooden pipes, special-shaped pipes and corrugated pipes of various calibres for sewer pipes, drinking water pipes, wire sleeves or stair handrails.