Acrylic is a chemical material. The chemical name “PMMA” belongs to polyacrylates, commonly known as “specially treated plexiglass”. In the application industry, acrylic raw materials generally appear in the form of particles, plates, pipes, etc.
GWELL as china pmma gpps sheet extrusion line manufacturer， Acrylic, also known as the special treatment of plexiglass, is a replacement product of plexiglass, made of acrylic light box has good light transmission performance, pure color, rich color, beautiful and flat, taking into account the two effects of day and night, long service life, does not affect the use and other characteristics, in addition, acrylic sheet and aluminum-plastic panel profiles, high-grade screen printing, etc. can be perfectly combined.
Characteristics of acrylic sheet
1. Excellent transparency
A colorless transparent plexiglass plate with a light transmittance of more than 92%. The lamp tube of the acrylic sheet, known as the artificial little sun’s solar lamp, is made of quartz because quartz can completely penetrate ultraviolet rays.
2. Excellent weather resistance
Acrylic sheet is highly adaptable to the natural environment. Even if it is exposed to sunlight or wind and rain for a long time, it will not change its performance. It has good anti-aging properties and can be used outdoors with peace of mind.
3. Good processing performance
Acrylic is suitable for both machining and hot forming. It can not only be cut by lathe, drilled by drilling machine, but also can be bonded into various shapes of utensils such as acetone and chloroform. It can also be processed by GWELL pmma gpps sheet extrusion line through blow molding, injection, extrusion and other plastic molding methods. The product range from aircraft cockpit covers to dentures and dental trays.
Acrylic sheet has a density of 1.18g/cm3; a material of the same size, its weight is only half that of ordinary glass and 43% of metallic aluminum (which is a light metal).
5. Excellent comprehensive performance
Acrylic sheet has a wide variety of varieties, rich colors, and excellent comprehensive properties, providing designers with a variety of choices. Acrylic sheets can be dyed, and the surface can be painted, screen printed or vacuum coated.
It is harmless even if people are exposed to acrylic sheets for a long time, but formaldehyde and carbon monoxide are produced when combustion is incomplete.
Advantages of acrylic sheet
- Aesthetic: Mirror effect, exquisite workmanship, no wrinkles, no seams.
- Visual effects: a variety of colors and strong visual impact.
- Impact resistance: more than 200 times that of ordinary glass products, there is almost no risk of breaking.
- Durability: The product has good protection for the built-in light source, prolonging the service life of the light source product.
- Flame resistance: will not ignite spontaneously and self-extinguish.
- Energy saving: Very good light transmittance, relatively reduce the light source, save electricity, and reduce the cost of use.
- Reasonable: Reasonable design and rainproof, moisture-proof, open structure, easy to clean and maintain, etc.
Application of acrylic sheet
Acrylic sheets are widely used, not only in commerce, light industry, construction, chemical industry, etc. In addition, plexiglass is widely used in advertising decoration and sand table models, such as: signs, billboards, light box panels and Chinese and English letter panels.
- Architectural applications: showcases, soundproof doors and windows, lighting covers, telephone booths, etc.
- Advertising applications: light boxes, signs, signs, display stands, etc.
- Transportation applications: doors and windows of trains, automobiles, etc.
- Medical applications: baby incubators, various surgical medical equipment, civilian supplies: bathroom facilities, handicrafts, cosmetics, brackets, aquariums, etc.
- Industrial applications: instrument surface plates and covers, etc.
- Lighting applications: fluorescent lamps, chandeliers, street lampshades, etc.
- Household applications: fruit plates, tissue boxes, acrylic art paintings and other household daily products.